[WikiEN-l] Flagged Revisions

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 16:04:24 UTC 2009

2009/8/21 Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:
> 2009/8/20 Sage Ross <ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com>:
>> Is there a page to discuss the configuration(s) of ReaderFeedback?
>
> The intent is to set up
> http://readerfeedback.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page with a bit
> more introductory text and then get the word out to start a
> conversation about the rating criteria we want to use for this, and
> indeed whether we want to use this at all. Because part of the point
> of this feature is to be able to compare perception of quality across
> languages, those criteria need to IMO be defined across at least all
> languages of a project.

I'm not sure that kind of comparison will be possible. It will be
different people doing the assessments on each project and even with
the best translations the criteria we use will have different nuances
in different languages. For example, I expect languages with few
literate speakers will do better than English since there are fewer
alternatives to Wikipedia articles, so "good" just means better than
nothing, rather than better than the various other reference materials
written in English.