[WikiEN-l] Flagged Revisions

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Fri Aug 21 14:32:21 UTC 2009

2009/8/20 Sage Ross <ragesoss+wikipedia at gmail.com>:
> Is there a page to discuss the configuration(s) of ReaderFeedback?

The intent is to set up
http://readerfeedback.labs.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page with a bit
more introductory text and then get the word out to start a
conversation about the rating criteria we want to use for this, and
indeed whether we want to use this at all. Because part of the point
of this feature is to be able to compare perception of quality across
languages, those criteria need to IMO be defined across at least all
languages of a project.

I'll probably only get to this part of the setup post-Wikimania, but
if you want to start setting up pages yourself, please don't hesitate.

> I notice the test wiki has the categories "Usefulness",
> "Presentation", and "Neutrality", while the extension documentation
> uses four example categories, "Reliability", "Completeness", "NPOV",
> and "Presentation".  I hope something more specific than "Usefulness"
> is what gets deployed on en-wiki.

I suggested "usefulness" for the initial setup, but as noted above,
this is one of the things we need to figure out. I like usefulness or
helpfulness because it reflects the direct perceived value that our
readers are deriving from the information we provide. Yes, that value
depends on what they were looking for to begin with, and one would
hope that some of them would provide further comments. But, for
example, it would be interesting to know if our articles about movies
or books, or about historical subjects, or whatever other category,
are organized in a manner that our readers consider helpful to find
the stuff they're looking for.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation