[WikiEN-l] Annoying hatnotes

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 19:42:08 UTC 2009

Some disambiguation pages have "see also" sections for things that
aren't strictly disambiguation. But yes, it can be difficult to draw
the line between classic disambiguation and a topic overview of
loosely related terms, annotated in a way that is more informative
than search results would be (at this point, someone will probably
mention the 'overview' articles).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_overviews

It seems that non-standard disambiguation pages, lists, overviews,
categories, topic navboxes, and true topic articles, all lie on a
spectrum trying to do similar but different things, in different ways.

Carcharoth