[WikiEN-l] Inclusion and deletion of Mayors

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Thu Aug 13 21:43:01 UTC 2009

Forking the last discussion, many moons ago I had worked on John Laird
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Laird_(California)

You'll notice that he was Mayor of Santa Cruz for two terms.  Just on a
lark I scanned for other Mayors of Santa Cruz and came up with a
half-dozen or so and some that could probably be worked up with various
decent sources.  In fact a few of them, I'm surprised that we don't yet
have an article about.

At any rate, I'm sure nobody would object to having the list of Mayors
of San Francisco for example with an article about each (where we could
find good sources), but how small do we want to go?  In terms of actual
articles, boxes, categories about political figures?  A list of all
mayors of a city like Tacoma Washington with a population of about
300,000 ?

Santa Cruz only has a population of about 75,000.  John Laird just
happens to be more than normally famous because he went on to bigger
things.

Will Johnson