[WikiEN-l] "Wikipedia approaches its limits" - Technology Guardian

Andrew Turvey andrewrturvey at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 13 13:06:29 UTC 2009

----- "Charles Matthews" <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> From: "Charles Matthews" <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>

> is the volume of reversions
> indicative of good gatekeeping (poor edits to popular and well-developed
> articles have little chance of sticking), or bad gatekeeping
> (established editors assert ownership)? Stats from 2007 and 2009 show a
> step-change of some sort, as we know ...

I personally have seen a considerable change in reversions since I started editing in ~2006 - driven by automated reversions. When I started editing I would often see vandalism on my watchlist which I would go and revert. I haven't done that for ages, because it's rarely there by the time I get to it!

On that basis I would suggest - good gatekeeping!

Andrew