[WikiEN-l] Civility poll results

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Wed Aug 12 01:29:37 UTC 2009

> Because he is saying that basically what we are suggesting: a common
> set of standards governing personal interaction cannot be found.
> This is simply not true. And a concerted, serious effort to
> accomplish this is what is needed; not "it's hopeless, because it's
> too big". Nonsense!

I didn't interpret what Carcharoth said to mean that that's it's
hopeless. I think what he meant was "We have several core values that
we refuse to compromise on, yet we recognize that they need to be
applied on a case by case basis depending on the individual situation.
The fact that we have so many people, who grew up and live around the
world, and who have brains and political/religious/sexual beliefs that
may or may not have brains that are considered the 'norm', makes this
even more important." Is this true, Carcharoth?

Emily