[WikiEN-l] If anyone ever says Wikipedia is too deletionist

Emily Monroe bluecaliocean at me.com
Sun Aug 9 02:24:35 UTC 2009

>  Trying to hammer every peg into one of just two holes is bound to
> cause problems.

Then there's the issue of people who are inter-sexed (born with mixed
or absent gender-specific organs, example being [[Jim Sinclair]]),
genderfuck (intentionally ignoring gender-specific cultural
expectations), cross-dressers, and generally anybody else who doesn't
fit neatly into "male" or "female". This isn't a representation of
Wikipedia, but society in general.