[WikiEN-l] Online Newspapers Considering Subscription Model

wjhonson at aol.com wjhonson at aol.com
Sat Aug 8 00:26:53 UTC 2009

I'm not really seeing any solution in your words.
Would you then change policy to state that if an item is behind a
subscription wall, then it cannot be cited at all, regardless of
whether others can access it freely (with an existing subscription,
library card, or on site).  Is that what you'd propose?  If not, then
what?

Regardless of how many items go behind a subscription wall (provided
there is also a non-subscription way to access them in some manner),
there will always be some who have the subscription.  In those cases,
the online link is only a convenience for those who can use it.

Will Johnson