[WikiEN-l] Lists and redlinks and link maintenance

Carcharoth carcharothwp at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 3 11:48:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Charles
Matthews<charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Carcharoth wrote:
>> Where is the current activity on the DNB project? It's something I had
>> kept in mind and wouldn't mind getting involved with at some stage.
>>

> It's supposedly organised around [[Wikipedia:WikiProject Missing
> encyclopedic articles/DNB]]. Being just a subproject of the "missing
> articles" project, it doesn't have more of a forum of its own. Plenty of
> work to go round, anyway, on WP and WS.

Thanks. The best place to start seems to be here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedic_articles/DNB

Picking a page from here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:DNBFooter

I can't quite see which of the lists need work, but I'll just pick any
one with out the ticks and stuff on them, and start work there. Any
way to mark one of the 63 pages when it is finished? I did notice that
page 42 of those 63 pages is a redlink. It also appears that some of
the links have been checked but not tagged with a tick - that makes it
difficult to know where to start.

I also noticed that "Edmund Arrowsmtth" on page 2 is a typo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedic_articles/DNB_Epitome_02

I can't get to that to correct it at the moment, so I thought I'd
point it out here.

Eww: "...executed for taking order of priesthood beyond the seas. His
hand is preserved as a relic at Ashton, Newton-le- Willows."

But this is the sort of work that dismbiguators love. Have you thought
of getting people from the disambiguation projects involved?

Carcharoth