[WikiEN-l] Fwd: [Foundation-l] Board statement regarding biographies of l...

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Apr 21 19:49:49 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/21/2009 12:42:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
george.herbert at gmail.com writes:

> I think that this is the Foundation basically saying in as neutral a way
> possible "The underlying idea behind the Enwiki BLP policy is good and
> should be a standard throughout WMF projects".>>

I don't see that.  Sites like Wikinews and that Cities site (I can't
remember the name) really quite heavily and perhaps exclusively on first-person
reporting.  There is almost no way to have the sort of BLP policy we have in
Wikipedia when you have that situation.

Will Johnson