[WikiEN-l] Saying no to new unreferenced BLPs

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 20:27:24 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/2/2009 1:20:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
doc.wikipedia at ntlworld.com writes:

> If reviewer right is wrongly removed - we'll have the internal problem
> of an upset editor (big deal? not - get over it!), however if it is
> granted to someone who misuses it then it breaches our quality control
> and can damage living people.

---------------------

Your fallacy is trying to restrict "reviewer" to the BLP issue.
Imagine you are reviewing away at the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
And you get caught up in a wheel war between conflicting admins.

Effectively, under the scenario that any admins can remove reviewer rights
you would have the situation that no non-admin reviewer could EVER review the
article.

I'm sure you see this.  This is not a new thing.  We sign on more admins to
take care of the backlogs, not to get into conflicts.

Giving them more conflict-creation powers is not a good thing, it's a bad
thing.

Those people who are to grant or remove the reviewer right, need to be at a
level *above* the "backlog cleanup crew", and "fight vandalism" people.
Because that level is too fraught with article-space-conflicts, and additional
content-effecting powers would just tend to create more of that, not less.

Will Johnson