[WikiEN-l] Real Names

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Fri Sep 26 23:31:27 UTC 2008

In a message dated 9/26/2008 4:29:49 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
morven at gmail.com writes:

I  believe it IS sometimes permissible.  For instance, if someone  is
vandalizing, making threats, etc. it is permissible to  discover
personal information about them for the purposes of preventing  the
problem.  For instance, that's what checkusers do in cases of  serious
vandalism etc.  We may, for instance, discover personal  information
through those checks, make connections between multiple  accounts,
announce issues if we feel it necessary, get in touch with ISPs  in
severe cases, etc.

Not this case.
This was a single admin, acting alone.
And no evidence that this was a "severe case"  anyway.