[WikiEN-l] Featured article - "Mom and Dad"

Wily D wilydoppelganger at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 21:54:35 UTC 2008

This is a terrible, terrible, terribly idea.

The value in Wikipedia does not come from the core topics.  It cannot.
 Our article on the United States of America will never be
particularly valuable, because there are 17000 equivilents one can
easily find.  The glut of supply prevents it from attaining value.
History of Elephants in Europe is immensly valuable because it's
unique - it doesn't duplicate what already exists.  A main page full
of core topics would drastically undersell Wikipedia's value.

Brian