[WikiEN-l] Fwd: Sources

AGK agkwiki at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:45:58 UTC 2008

Any advice on how to respond to this?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Doctorlloydmiller <docmiller at burgoyne.com>
Date: 2008/9/8
Subject: Wikipedia e-mail
To: AGK <agkwiki at googlemail.com>

Greetings,

    I was so excited to find Wikipedia and to see that I was mentioned as a
source expert for my subject of expertise. So I thought the honorable thing
to do was to submit portions of my seminal book in the secion that mentioned
the book so others might have access to some of the material. So I spend
many hours preparing and submitting a new section of the submect but was
accused of multi-crimes and deleated like a rat tossed from a trap,
everthing I wrote, even little edits to the chapter already there to improve
it, all gone. In fact they even deleated another of my books that I added to
a list of further reading on Afghan music where my coleagues were listed. Do
I have leprosy and does everyone hate me for some unknown reason?

    I don't understand why when my book is listed as a reliable source for
Persian Traditional Music on Wikipedia, everything I added to the article on
Persian music or any other place on Wikipedia, even just a word or two, was
viciously deleted as if I was some horrible stupid know-nothing and an
unwelcome intruder when I was only trying to be helpful. In the world of
Persian music, I am accepted as one of the scholars and my book has been
called "the last word" on Persian muaic; so why would Wikipedia despise my
every effort to submit material and seemingly block every word I have spent
hours preparing? How can scholars in a field ever submit anything if they
are first threatened with potential plagerism then, when they demonstrate
they are the copyright holders of their own book, accused of conflict of
interest even if all the quotes in the book are from accepted scholastic
source persons? It's like Dante's Inferno or Zoroastrian hell.
    Dr. Lloyd Miller, PhD Persian literature and music. 00:49, 8 September
2008 (UTC)~~~~~

---
This e-mail was sent by user "Doctorlloydmiller" on the English Wikipedia to
user "AGK". It has been automatically delivered and the Wikimedia Foundation
cannot be held responsible for its contents.

The sender has not been given any information about your e-mail account and
you are not required to reply to this e-mail. For further information on
privacy, security, and replying, as well as abuse and removal from emailing,
see <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Email>.