[WikiEN-l] Talking to Jimmy Wales about discussion

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 22:11:20 UTC 2008

2008/9/5  <WJhonson at aol.com>:

> I'm not sure I fully agree with this.  It would depend on the  question.
> The internet allows people to check and re-check what they've been  told.
> In that sense, our article on digitalis should strive to represent the
> average knowledge of the medical community, not just be a source of  entertainment
> for example.
> If our article on breast cancer could be improved in some way, that is a
> good thing.

If there are specific questions actual readers have when they go to a
topic, that's a very good thing to know, because it suggests the
article would increase in usefulness by mentioning it, e.g. give an
example or two of how to use something rather than just abstract
descriptions. Wikipedia can be improved by knowing this.

- d.