[WikiEN-l] Article subpages

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 15:07:13 UTC 2008

I'm working on a proposal to try to add some sanity to our notability
procedures, and to better organize our coverage of areas where we
have, essentially, multiple articles on a single topic. It uses a
template-based system that duplicates much of the functionality of
subpages.

More about it later - I'm still working on some aspects of it. All I
want to know for now is what the logic was on deprecating subpages in
the article space, and what the technical decision to turn off
MediaWiki's subpages means for content issues.

That is, is the decision to turn off subpages just at technical
decision because of the problem it causes for articles like [[OS/2]]?
Is there a consensus on the content issues of subpages? What is this
consensus, and where can I read its forming so that I can make my
proposal adhere to it, or make it so that accepting my proposal
definitely and clearly alters it?

Thanks,
Phil Sandifer