[WikiEN-l] Slashdot article

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 00:06:34 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/28/2008 4:56:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
scs at eskimo.com writes:

But  remember: the *real* burden of proof/disproof is on the
editor who actually  makes a change, not on the new, untested
editor who might have been merely  the first person to point out
that the change was  necessary.>>
Exactly how I would have handled it.  Add a {{fact}} tag.  If I  have the
sources to look-up then I will, if I don't, I or we presume that some  other
interested editor *will* and will do so, and fix the suspect clause within  a
certain amount of time.

You can view the *backlog* of fact tag's to see that there is a great  amount
of work yet to do.  I find some that are over a year old.   Typically if I
were an interested editor, I'd only let it live for a week before  removing the
clause.

But again, this case is two years old.  I.E. it was settled long  ago.