[WikiEN-l] Slashdot article

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 21:49:28 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/28/2008 2:35:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

"I want  to take away the right for an editor to revert an edit for the
sole  reason that we can't verify the person's identity so what they
say  doesn't count. I want to mandate actually looking at the sources,
thinking about the issue, and making a decision based on something
other than "The rules say X, period.">>

This has absolutely nothing to do with what occurred.
What occurred was that the subject of the BLP made claims and this entire
thread is about whether we can alter an article based on the subject of the BLP
making claims without our ability to identify whether that person is actually
 who they claim to be.

That is all it's about.  It's not about any thing  else.