[WikiEN-l] WP articles citing other WP articles??

Philip Sandifer snowspinner at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 20:56:31 UTC 2008

On Oct 28, 2008, at 4:48 PM, Angela Anuszewski wrote:

> I just encountered, on the article [[House (TV series)]], that
> citation #3
> is actually just a link to [[Words and Deeds (House)]]. Can a
> article really
> cite another article or should that citation be removed? Seems a
> little
> squirrely to me.

Normally it would be, but in this case it's more a case of references
gone wild - it's citing a fact that is transparent in the episodes. It
seems to be referencing it to a specific episode, and in doing so
linking to our article on the episode. But the claim in question - a
claim about a fictional character's job position - is wholly
uncontroversial, and probably shouldn't be sourced at all, but rather
left to the implicit use of a primary source.

-Phil