[WikiEN-l] WP articles citing other WP articles??

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Tue Oct 28 20:54:30 UTC 2008

Angela Anuszewski schreef:
> I just encountered, on the article [[House (TV series)]], that citation #3
> is actually just a link to [[Words and Deeds (House)]]. Can a article really
> cite another article or should that citation be removed? Seems a little
> squirrely to me.

It's less than ideal. But you shouldn't just remove sub-optimal
citations; follow the link to the other article, see which source it
cites for that fact, and replace the original citation.

Actually, in this case specifically, the article doesn't cite the WP
article; it cites the original episode, which is ok. It adds a
convenient link to our article on that episode, just like citation 1 (a
page on the Fox website) also links to [[Fox]], and citation 5 (a page
on the Acadamy of Television Arts & Sciences also links to our page on
that organisation.

Eugene