[WikiEN-l] Slashdot article

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 04:33:03 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/27/2008 9:29:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

No. I  want to take away the right for an editor to revert an edit for
the  sole reason that we can't verify the person's identity so what
they  say doesn't count. >>

That isn't what occurred.
What occurred was that the editor stated "I am this person and I say  this"
It's not whether we can verify who the editor is, it's whether we can  verify
that they are the subject.
That's the issue.  What was done in this case, is exactly what we  should do,
barring a way to verify the identify of a BLP  subject.