[WikiEN-l] Slashdot article

Ken Arromdee arromdee at rahul.net
Mon Oct 27 17:32:24 UTC 2008

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 WJhonson at aol.com wrote:
>Ken why don't you go "fix" the George Bush article and claim that you are
>in-fact George Bush?

Because common sense would indicate that someone who claims to be George
Bush when fixing an article probably isn't.  George Bush is a massively
well known public figure who is likely to be a target for impersonation.
We already have WP:NPF which makes this distinction, so it's not exactly a
new idea that some people are more public than others.

I'm sure that if someone claiming to be George Bush had written an article
for Edge, they'd have verified his identity too.