[WikiEN-l] SOS Children Wikipedia Selection 2008/9 BitTorrent link up

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 26 18:49:18 UTC 2008

Bryan Derksen wrote:
> Thanks. I do support what they're doing, and don't want to be a jerk
> about hounding a charity, but with Wikipedia's logo prominently
> displayed on this one I want to make sure nobody thinks we're putting a
> stamp of approval on this level of GFDL compliance.

While I'm on the subject, I've just discovered that
http://www.wikipediaondvd.com/site.php is also noncompliant in the same
general way (every article appears to link back to [[India]] as its
source, regardless of content - see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Mirrors_and_forks/Vwxyz#Wikipedia_On_DVD).
Since this site also uses the Wikipedia logo it should also be looked at
by the Foundation about this.