[WikiEN-l] Slashdot article

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 23:30:56 UTC 2008

An interesting and rather telling criticism is that "some publications  don't
do error checking".

Presumably the editors of "Edge" at least checked that the person they were
interviewing and quoting as Jaron Lanier, was in-fact Jaron Lanier.  That  is
the crux, of all we need, to change the article.

Wikipedians don't really have an easy ability to verify the identify of
another editor.

Jaron as an internet guru eventually didn't understand that all he has to
do, is set up his own official web site and then say "No I'm not a director" and
 we can then cite his page.

Will Johnson