[WikiEN-l] New essay: WP:SAUCE

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 06:27:04 UTC 2008

On 10/7/08, FT2 <ft2.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Take a look at [[WP:KETTLE]] for an essay which makes the same point, but in
> a way that nudges both sides to de-escalate and tells both "this is lame".
> Its an aspect worth considering. Sauce for the goose is going to imply much
> more, "they do it so I can too", which isn't a good thing to suggest.

Nah, there's a difference. The pot/kettle thing is about criticizing
others in ways which apply equally if not moreso to yourself.

Dan's essay is about double standards in general. A couple of the
examples could be covered on both pages, but hypocrisy has more
flavors than Baskin-Robbins and none of us are even scratching the
surface as yet.

—C.W.