[WikiEN-l] New essay: WP:SAUCE

FT2 ft2.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 04:56:24 UTC 2008

Unsure this is helpful. At one level it's the same idea as "pot meet
kettle", but such essays have the potential to be used as modes of attack
(eg, ignoring valid points in the argument, in favor of an argument over
hypocrisy).

Take a look at [[WP:KETTLE]] for an essay which makes the same point, but in
a way that nudges both sides to de-escalate and tells both "this is lame".
Its an aspect worth considering. Sauce for the goose is going to imply much
more, "they do it so I can too", which isn't a good thing to suggest.

FT2