[WikiEN-l] Using Wikipedia unlikely to result in collapse of knowledge

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Tue Oct 7 13:51:14 UTC 2008

> "People can be misled by incomplete information as well as inaccurate
> information (cf. Frické and Fallis 2004, 240). Even if Wikipedia
> includes only accurate information, if its omissions tend to mislead
> people, it may not be a reliable information source ... Hence,
> important omissions should be flagged as well as inaccuracies."
>
> Do we have an easy way of doing that just now? A few articles have a
> plethora of empty framework headers, but this isn't all that common
> (or all that effective) - the problem is it really needs a competent
> and informed overview to know what important part is missing in the
> first place.
>
> --
> - Andrew Gray
>   andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk

Template:Incomplete adds "This article or section is incomplete and may
require expansion and/or cleanup.
Please improve the article, or discuss the issue on the talk page." It
adds articles to Category:Wikipedia articles needing clarification

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wikipedia_articles_needing_clarification

"This page has a backlog that requires the attention of experienced
editors."

Fred