[WikiEN-l] Dab page notice

Charles Matthews charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com
Mon Oct 6 17:55:50 UTC 2008

quiddity wrote

> Allwiki is one extreme, plain-unlinked-text is the other - we each
> decide individually where we fall in between.
> I'm not trying to "convince" you of anything!

The trouble is ... the "where" should largely be regulated by common sense. In fact, both by good sense, and the communal sense we have of what we're trying to do. Guidelines should help with this, not be a hindrance and certainly not a reason to hide behind "this has been decided". Judging by my recent experiences, at CfD, and with dab page and redirect issues, the pendulum has swung away from common sense to people's personal theories being given full rein and a rather spurious status. We get told "that is not useful, this would be", but on flimsy grounds.

I feel the editing message is shoving that attitude down our throats.

Charles