[WikiEN-l] How Wikipedia Works is online now

Harry Willis en.haza-w at ip3.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 13:05:57 UTC 2008

I never originally congratulated the HWW team when it was originally
published.

Charles Matthews gave me a sneak-preview of the book last month, and I
remembering making a jokey remark about how it was essentially "a paper
version of the Help namespace". While I wasn't being entirely serious, he
explained to me how it was much more than that: it was intended to be a
clear and much more accessible help guide to editing, and a comprehensive
guide on current policy and those "unwritten rules" which aren't
immediately obvious.

Phoebe, Charles, Ben, you've done a fantastic job. I'm still fascinated by
the GFDL licensing aspect! Was it your aim from the start to make a
GFDL-compatible version?

- H