[WikiEN-l] BLPs: Wikipedia entry nearly scuppers rugby player's career

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 05:07:22 UTC 2008

In a message dated 10/1/2008 10:00:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

It's the  same problem we have
in our fiction articles as we get grotesquely  long plot summaries -
people narrate things event by event instead  of tracing major threads,
and treating the article like an argument  with a thesis statement and
evidence to back it  up.>>

I'm a bit of the camp that these things work themselves out over  time.  The
more editors you have in one article, the more grammar and  style.  I work on
a few articles, detail by detail to make them  smoother.  It doesn't help
however when someone like Britney keeps making  news and then we get another dozen
new editors adding bits here there and all  over messing up my beautiful
narrative!

Okay I don't think I've ever worked on her, there's only so much time and
there are so many scandals!