[WikiEN-l] BLPs: Wikipedia entry nearly scuppers rugby player's career

geni geniice at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 03:24:05 UTC 2008

2008/10/1 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:
> If you're not understanding the point, I'll simplify it - BLPs are important
> because of the impact they can have, as demonstrated by this guy and his
> article and the effect it nearly had on his career.

I suspect the article is being somewhat lighthearted. Yes the manager
may have started with wikipedia but they would be very unlikely to end
there. So when the managers first phone call about the guy's past
record turn up complete confusion they would probably pick up any
issues in the article.

Compared to the likely impact our article on the LHC had I doubt it
was that great.

--
geni