[WikiEN-l] BLPs: Wikipedia entry nearly scuppers rugby player's career

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 03:08:31 UTC 2008

In a message dated 9/30/2008 8:06:22 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
snowspinner at gmail.com writes:

Is it  relevant to his general notability and significance as a  topic?

If *each* statement in a bio has to be, then we should never state when a
person was born or where, since those are not notable nor significant.  In  fact
80 to 95 percent of what we have in bios now is not particularly notable or
significant.  But it's standard to cite those.

I'd say that front-page scandals are notable and significant, no matter how
old they are or who they address.