[WikiEN-l] How to sabotage Wikipedia, for SEO spammers

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 18:59:23 UTC 2008

In a message dated 11/26/2008 7:39:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
puppy at KillerChihuahua.com writes:

This  accomplishes two things: 1) you might succeed in knocking the page
off  Google’s front page for appearing to have gained a spammy link
profile and  2) it gives you a legit looking reason to remove existing
links on  powerful Wiki pages.>>
I haven't read the article, but they are saying to do this *just* to  knock a
page off the front page of Google hits ?
I don't really understand the motivation.

AOL.com.