[WikiEN-l] How's our coverage of medications?

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:47:48 UTC 2008

2008/11/25 Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com>:

> I'm not sure that keeping the dosage information has much beneficial impact
> - on the one hand you discourage self-medicating, but on the other you don't
> tell people what the maximum dosage is, and that information might be
> crucial if they are in fact self-medicating.

It's useful for scale, I think. When seeing "20mg of X three times
daily", what a lot of people want to know is - how much *is* this? Is
it a low dose, or a high dose? If you take it all in the morning, is
it a dangerous thing, or is the harmful dose two orders of magnitude
more?

The trick is treading the line between this sort of contextual
information and giving detailed advice.

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk