[WikiEN-l] How's our coverage of medications?

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 15:35:52 UTC 2008

On 11/25/08, Durova <nadezhda.durova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Currently, the planet holds an estimated 6.72 billion people.  If we pass
> out 6.72 billion frozen pizzas stripped of the words "cook before eating"
> and one in a million chomps down on an icy pizza and die of e. coli as a
> result--let us consider that our gene pool might be ever so slightly
> improved.

This would probably backfire due to the lack of correlation between
immune system and intellect. The raw-pizza-eater would, with our luck,
just contaminate other people and cause them to die instead (despite
having the sense not to eat uncooked foods).

> At the San Diego Zoo last week I watched pandas.  The world needs more room
> for pandas.

Pandas with e. coli may have difficulty transmitting it to other
pandas, or so I've read...

—C.W.