[WikiEN-l] What exactly is Durova saying here?

Jonas Rand joeyyuan at cox.net
Sat Nov 22 21:05:40 UTC 2008

I recently sent an unblock request to Tiptoety, asking him to post it on the
Admins' Noticeboard, as he said he would on IRC. Durova made a comment on
it, and then she wrote a long-winded addendum to it that I really didn't get
the point of, and am unsure of how to respond to. It seems to me that she
wasn't accusing me of anything, as I could make out no clear accusation, but
why did she write all of that? For nothing? I don't think that she was
accusing me of being JB196, because if she read the long term abuse page on
him, she would see that his real name is Jonathan Barber, and that he is a
wrestling commentator who promotes himself. Then again, she's accused me of
not being as young as I say I am, and she may think that I am a made-up
person. A Yahoo! search on my name can disprove this. Any connection between
me and JB196 is purely coincidental. I have never even communicated with
Alkivar and Eyrian (who have been accused of editing for JB196), let alone
JB196, and I surely didn't "proxy" for him.

I don't know what to say in response to her speech, except that I cannot
understand a word of it.

Link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard&diff=prev&oldid=253095771

Jonas Rand