[WikiEN-l] Ayn Rand and Wikipedia

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Thu Nov 13 04:13:32 UTC 2008

In a message dated 11/12/2008 7:26:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dgoodmanny at gmail.com writes:

anyone  who really cares about credit for the authorship of his text,
should really  pick some other medium than wikipedia.  myself, I always
thought that  was the implication of not own, and our warning about
what can happen to  what you write. Its not as if it cost money to set
up a  blog.>>

A blog isn't an encyclopedia however.
Your argument works, until you realize that Knol is doing this  already.
They are not a blog, but more like an encyclopedia, albeit just starting  out.
Perhaps someone could address the similarities and differences in the
approach of WP as against Knol.

We already have a form of attribution, in the history and the tools already
pointed out.
All I'm suggesting is that it could be made more  apparent.