[WikiEN-l] Donation banner in edit window

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 14:09:03 UTC 2008

2008/11/6 Andrew Cates <Andrew at soschildren.org>:
> Elias, you say

>>>"There *still* isn't a way to set up a regular monthly donation which would be my own preference."

> I have to say this part is not cutting edge. Between 90% and 95% of
> all online giving to our charity is setting up regular small gifts,

This is a British thing. Standing orders/direct debits/whatever are
just not common in the US; they're almost de rigeur in the UK. It's
much easier to ask for £5/mo rather than a lump of £60/yr. (WMUK can
expect to be very well off indeed once it's got tax-deductible status.
And then there's Gift Aid, which is basically FREE MONEY!)

Can WMF pioneer small monthly donations in the US?

- d.