[WikiEN-l] Worst. Survey. Ever.

Elias Friedman elipongo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 00:02:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Mark Wagner <carnildo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 08:47, Michael Bimmler <mbimmler at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Steve Summit <scs at eskimo.com> wrote:
> >> * who knows the 3-character ISO code for the currency he uses
> >>

> > Come on, every bank statement of yours will tell you the ISO code of
> > the currency your account is in, you will probably find it on every
> > magazine that you read and so on and so on. Please don't tell me that
> > this is such an academic thing...
>
> Maybe where you live.  In my country, the only symbol commonly used to
> indicate quantities of currency is "$".
>
> --
> Mark Wagner

You've never gotten anything from  Canada and had to compare Canadian
dollars (CAD) to United States dollars (USD)? Also the "$" symbol stands for
pesos as well as dollars- and a few other currencies too (check the [[$]]
article). The survey is intended for a worldwide audience- you can't expect
them to cater to just us from the US.

--
Elias Friedman A.S., EMT-P ⚕
elipongo at gmail.com