[WikiEN-l] What to do about our writing quality?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri May 23 19:55:30 UTC 2008

2008/5/23 Charles Matthews <charles.r.matthews at ntlworld.com>:

> I'm a bit alarmed about the references in this thread to newspaper
> journalism techniques. Do recall, everyone, that such articles are
> recycled, in most cases in 24 hours.

News magazine journalism might be a more useful comparison. The thing
that strikes me about our famously good current event articles - e.g.
on the Indian Ocean quake or the Virginia Tech massacre - is that they
read like good articles from a news magazine and were in fact
reasonably well written even while undergoing fast changes. Not
immaculate essays, but good, readable and informative.

- d.