[WikiEN-l] Wikipedia has PR Problems

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri May 16 15:13:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 7:44 AM, Marc Riddell
<michaeldavid86 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Here is a recent quote in the media by Jimmy Wales:
>
> "Given enough time, humans will screw up Wikipedia just as they have screwed
> up everything else, but so far it's not too bad."

WTF?  Is that an accurate quote?  I didn't think Jimmy had such a
negative outlook on humanity, nor on the project.

I'd juxtapose this with the view of Larry Sanger, who has spent a lot
of effort trying to create an organization that humans can't screw up.

I'll assume good faith, and that Jimmy was misquoted or at least
quoted out of context.  I'd like to hear a clarification, though.