[WikiEN-l] How useful is arbcom

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Sun May 18 02:26:20 UTC 2008

2008/5/18 White Cat <wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com>:

> <snip>
> On a different note I was trying to seek restructuring RfAR page. As in
> technically chipping out appeal part of the page (which now occupies a
> greater amount of space than actual requests). I am told was attempted not
> too long ago. The attempt failed only because arbitrators and clerks did
> not
> like it - or so I am told. For seeking to change it despite the
> arbitrator/clerk apathy towards people who have a very slow internet
> connection my initiative was labeled as trolling.
>
> If I am not even allowed to change/criticize the technical aspects of
> arbcom
> and if such an attempt hits an iron curtain I wonder how useful arbcom is
> on
> actual controversies.

<snip>

Actually, it wasn't just the clerks and the arbitrators who disliked it;
many people who were trying to follow the cases involved found it difficult,
as well, and it became another backwater page that few in the community were
watching.  While I do sympathise with the issue of slow loading (AN and ANI
are worse, even on high-speed and T-1 connections), I think it's probably
more important that the cases continue to be as highly visible as possible
in the hopes that they might get some response.

Risker