[WikiEN-l] Autoconfirm proposal

GDonato gdonato at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 8 21:25:32 UTC 2008

A proposal to increase the requirements for autoconfirm has been started
(and looks to be gaining quite significant support) at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Autoconfirmed_Proposal/Poll .
Particularly strong is the proposal to increase autoconfirm to 7 days
and 20 edits. Personally, I think this is a good thing for the reasons
listed on that page but obviously it is good to have maximum awareness
for what is quite a significant change when you consider the actions
that only autoconfimed users can do (upload, edit sprotect and move
etc.) It is probably better that we all post our ideas there rather than
having both that page and an e-mail thread and it will be nice to see
what the comments are on this.

G Donato