[WikiEN-l] [Foundation-l] Lobby takeover of wikimedia projects, particularly English wikipedia

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue May 6 18:27:19 UTC 2008

Jon wrote:
> White Cat wrote:
>
>> Although it is a well known issue, this issue has finally made its way to
>> spotlight with the ongoing CAMERA incident on English wikipedia... I am sure
>> English wikipedia's arbcom will come up with a reasonable conclusion and the
>> purpose of this email is not related to the CAMERA arbcom case directly.
>>
> What is this all about, and what is the CAMERA incident?

That's a valid question.  Reference to the CAMERA incident has come up a
number of times recently as though it were "well known".  These
incidents come up quite often, but most of us are not involved with
them, and have better things to do with our time than to wade through
other people's tedious flame wars.  I suppose that a capsule summary
would be helpful to those of us who aren't involved.  If it turns out to
be just another case of same-old same-old we can yawn and go back to our
normal activities.

Ec