[WikiEN-l] English Wikipedia and the poison of procedural literalism

Relata Refero refero.relata at gmail.com
Mon May 5 14:30:31 UTC 2008

The problem is Lar is using a novel standard.
* "So notability is not conferred by Gary having been the subject of a
substantial biography in book form, or multiple substantial biographies in
articles."
* "The default outcome failing consensus (we had 3 commenters) should be
delete."

If you read that talkpage, I tell him in the previous section that closing
AfDs like that in direct violation of the stated consensus at WT:BLP is
likely to lead to drama.

I note that the first page of the Google News results that are linked at the
AfD contains the following NYT article prominently, which practically
establishes notability by itself: "Gary Lynch, Defender of Companies, Has
His Critics"
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D07E6DF1038F930A3575AC0A960958260

Collaborative editing projects mean we accept community standards and don't
set our own even if we disagree.

*Shrug*

RR