[WikiEN-l] Our first defamation case?

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sat May 3 23:40:07 UTC 2008

It's quite possible that Miss whoever is the "dumbest" literary agent ever,
not just currently.  And I'm stating this as an *opinion*, which anyone who
has taken my class in Defamation A101 (for idiots) understands is not
actionable.

It's very clear to children that calling someone a name is not defamation
and it doesn't even matter if you do it using a loudspeaker like  Wikipedia.
Defamation would involve something like saying "and she  embezzled a million
dollars from her last job."

That would not be an "opinion", but rather a statement of fact.  Then  she'd
have a case to sue whoever said it for defamation.

Please.

Will Johnson

favorites at AOL Food.