[WikiEN-l] Deletions snapped up by commercial organizations

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Mar 31 17:53:05 UTC 2008

In a message dated 3/31/2008 7:33:24 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
tonysidaway at gmail.com writes:

Yeah,  basically we should not be handing hate speech, personal
attacks, etc, that  we have deleted to anyone.  That's republishing and
would expose us to  secondary liability if there are legal  problems.>>

This is a doubtful proposition.
The concept of secondary liability has been used for a wide variety of
issues, when it's actually a very narrow concept.  To wit, I have to know  that
what I write is false and defamatory because my own underlying sources  actually
state that it is false and defamatory, and I have to publish it  regardless of
that knowledge.

That is very narrow, it would not imho apply to any of our articles.

Will

Home.