[WikiEN-l] Armenian Genocide

cihan dinçer cihan_dincer at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 13:53:43 UTC 2008

We are not discussing if the viewpoints are right or wrong. We are discussing that both parties should have the same rights to express their viewpoints. The contradicting idea to this article is not a minority point of view by the way. It seems like a minority point of view, because of the unfair practice of protecting armenian sided views without giving the turkish side the chance to express.

Cihan

geni <geniice at gmail.com> wrote: On 29/03/2008, Steve Summit  wrote:
> Erhan Akan wrote:
>  > Hi wikipedia! We think your "Armenian Genocide" document is not neutral.
>  > Please make it editable.
>

> 1. It is editable.  (However, you need to be a registered user.)
>
>  2. I fear I'll regret saying this, but: he's right.  Other than
>    knowing it's among Wikipedia's most highly-contested articles,
>    I'd never paid much attention to it.  Skimming it now, however,
>    I see that the opposing POV is given *very* short shrift.
>    There isn't even a "Controversy" section.  The only place I
>    can find mention of the opposing POV is in the "Republic of
>    Turkey and the Armenian Genocide" section, and even there,
>    most of the text consists of fairly blunt denial of the
>    non-genocide claim.

Per minority viewpoints that would be correct yes. And even Turkish
denial is starting to slip.

--
geni