[WikiEN-l] Armenian Genocide

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Sat Mar 29 13:05:30 UTC 2008

Erhan Akan wrote:
> Hi wikipedia! We think your "Armenian Genocide" document is not neutral.
> Please make it editable.

1. It is editable.  (However, you need to be a registered user.)

2. I fear I'll regret saying this, but: he's right.  Other than
   knowing it's among Wikipedia's most highly-contested articles,
   I'd never paid much attention to it.  Skimming it now, however,
   I see that the opposing POV is given *very* short shrift.
   There isn't even a "Controversy" section.  The only place I
   can find mention of the opposing POV is in the "Republic of
   Turkey and the Armenian Genocide" section, and even there,
   most of the text consists of fairly blunt denial of the
   non-genocide claim.