[WikiEN-l] Deletions snapped up by commercial organizations

jidanni at jidanni.org jidanni at jidanni.org
Wed Mar 26 03:12:13 UTC 2008

The user thinks:

Gee, I did all that typing thinking I was helping Wikipedia.

It's just like I designed a neat logo for a charity only to find it
thrown in the trash by them and then snapped up by McDonalds.

Yes, it's nice to see the logo get used, and yes I have no regrets
putting a GNU copyright on it.

However, I thought I was helping the charity, otherwise I wouldn't
have made the effort.

So I will think twice about helping that charity next time.

- - -

Indeed that is what they want him to do, think twice:
only submit the best of articles to Wikipedia.

And if that gets deleted too, then think thrice.